Monday, December 3, 2012

Clark (who used to be Francesco), The Elf on the Shelf

I've been struggling with the topic of my very first blog post. And then it dawned on me, what better way to enter the blogoshpere than with the Elf on the Shelf!! That's right folks! I'm one of "those" moms, you know, the ones that enjoy the Elf on the Shelf a little too much. So much so, that I take a new picture of my son with his elf every day, and have him point to it, just to be sure everyone can see him!

So I now give to you, Clark, the Elf on the Shelf, who was once named Francesco. 

Day 1.....


 See that smile on my precious boy's face?? It lasted for about 30 seconds, whereupon an argument ensued over what to name this magical elf. "Coco" was the number one, end all, be all name that Mason chose, period, end of story. The reason for this uncompromising attitude you ask?? "Coco" is the name of his cousin Emery's elf, and if that's what Em's elf is named, then by God, that is what he must name his elf too. I explained, in a very calm voice, that he needed to give his elf a different name, that "Coco" was already taken and belonged to Emery, and proceeded to give him ideas for other names that he might like, all to no avail. It ended with his father, who had dropped him off that night, having a "heart-to-heart" with him in his bedroom. I believe there was some mention of "no santa, no toys, no ever seeing the light of day if he didn't get his act together!!" Whatever it was, he emerged from this meeting with a much better disposition, ready to collaborate on a name for his elf. After his father and I named off 20 or so different names, he finally decided on Francesco, after the little race car in the Cars movie....this name lasted 6 days.


Day 2...

I love the look of complete boredom he has here.


Day 3...



Yes, he has on mismatched pajamas, and no, I don't care : )



Day 4...



Look! Clark followed Mason to his dad's house! 



Day 5...



Look closely....do you see Clark????



Day 6...



This was Sunday, and Mason went to his dad's house that night. So unfortunately, Mason's backpack stayed at home, because, as we all know, you cannot touch your elf or he will lose his magic ; )


Day 7...


What a naughty little elf!!

No comments:

Post a Comment